Automotive Collision Repair Technician
Shop Helper (Entry Level Position / Not Required)
Certified Motor Vehicle Body Repairer (Intermediate / Mid Level Position)
Red Seal Certified / Journeyman (Advanced / Senior Level Position)
Keys to Success
- Post-Secondary Training as a Collision Repair Technician
- Red Seal Certification
- Valid BC driver’s license.
- Physically healthy and fit.
- Exposure working on a variety of vehicle types from domestic to import and beyond.
- Critical thinking combined with exceptional attention to detail
- Manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude
- Familiarity with technology and computer systems utilized for assessment, research and repair of vehicles
- Strong communication skills Proven ability to work in a team-based environment
- Concern for safety and a responsible work attitude
A motor vehicle body repairer requires post-secondary / technical training. The senior level position will require Red Seal Certification. The following training programs are available.
- BCIT - Motor Vehicle Body Repair Technician Foundation
- University of the Fraser Valley - Automotive Collision Repair and Refinishing certificate
- Vancouver Community College - Automotive Collision Repair Technician - High School
- Vancouver Community College - Automotive Collision Repair Technician
- Vancouver Community College - Automotive Collision Repair Technician Apprentice
- College of New Caledonia - Autobody (Motor Vehicle Body Repair) Foundation-Level
- kanagan College - Motor Vehicle Body Repairer
- BCIT - Automotive Refinishing Technician Foundation