Body Shop Helper
The Body Shop Helper assists in the daily operations of the collision repair facility by moving vehicles into appropriate designated areas, assisting body shop technicians and painters as required with the preparation of vehicles for each phase of collision repair. The Body Shop Helper is responsible for the daily cleaning of the body shop and its associated areas.
This position can lead to opportunities to advance into other collision repair careers such as Automotive Body Repairer, Automotive Refinishing and Prep Technician, or Automotive Painter for those who demonstrate the right aptitude.
Effective interacting with others
Good at multi-tasking
Good with my hands
A hands-on learner
Content working independently
Eager to learn
Focused with good attention to detail
Shop Helper is an entry-level position that could lead to an apprenticeship or other opportunities.
Keys to Success
- Valid British Columbia driver’s license
- Physically fit and capable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures
- Ability to take direction from the body shop production and process staff