Dale’s Automotive is located in Fort St. John BC in the beautiful foothills of the Rocky Mountains. We’re looking for a skilled Auto Service Tech. If you’d like to own an affordable home, have weekends off, and enjoy fishing, hiking, hunting, or camping, this may be the right job for you.
Our Techs are responsible for the inspection, diagnosis, repair, and maintenance of mechanical, electrical, and electronic systems and components of automobiles and light trucks with gas or diesel engines. We service a variety of personal and light commercial vehicles from small cars to 550/5500 class pickups.
Job Responsibilities and Duties Performed:
· Review and discuss work orders with the Service Adviser
· Use diagnostic procedures and tools such as inspection, road testing, electrical and electronic test equipment, service manuals comprised of diagnostic flow charts and wiring diagrams, precision measuring equipment, meters, and gauges to accurately diagnose and isolate malfunctions or other customer concerns
· Use hand, power, and specialty tools to adjust, repair, or replace worn, damaged, or defective parts and assemblies, including brake, steering, suspension, HVAC, electronic driver assistance, engine, transmission, drivetrain, emission control, exhaust, electrical, and electronic systems
· Test and confirm repairs and adjustments ensure safe, reliable, and efficient performance within manufacturers specifications
· Perform scheduled maintenance including oil changes, lubrication, adjustment, inspection, and replacement of filters, fluids, and wear items
· Install aftermarket components in a manner that ensures safety and legal compliance
· Advise the Service Adviser with a clear description and summary of all services and inspections carried out so the customer can be accurately informed of the condition of the vehicle
Requirements for Employment:
· Completion of vocational education (diploma or degree) as Interprovincial / Red Seal Automotive Service Technician
· Work experience as an Automotive Service Technician – minimum of 3 years
· Have (or be willing to obtain) BC CVIP Inspector license
· Have a full set of mechanic’s hand tools and air/electric tools
Employment location: Fort St. John, BC
Intended employment duration: indeterminate
Hours per week: full time – 40 hours per
Wage: $ 33.65/hour to $50/hr
NOC: 72410 – Automotive service technicians
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.