Website The Garage
THE GARAGE – Driving Confidence
Full Time Automotive Service Technician Career Opportunity Starting October 2021
We are a long term, 4th generation family business looking for a new a highly skilled team member with an energized & enthusiastic attitude towards serving clients with a high level of customer care. We have built our 87-year family legacy on best practices in client and vehicle care. We are looking to add a new team member to our family orientated atmosphere as we grow our business taking care of existing clients & new Burnaby cliental since our move in 2017.
Managers Vision: To grow an energetic team of likeminded service professionals to continue our family’s legacy of providing exceptional service to our beloved clients, their variety of vehicles & all their family and friends looking for the best vehicle ownership experience in the Greater Vancouver area. Jeffrey Tremblay
Automotive Technician Compensation Details:
– Competitive Medical & Dental benefits package offered after passing 3-month probationary period. (Provided through the Automotive Retailers Association – ARA)
– We offer a steady workflow environment, with highly organized systems & procedures to ensure Service Technician Team Comprehension with Service Advisor team & All Clients
– Access to other company benefits, such as preferred pricing with all suppliers (after 6-12 months ), working on staff/ personal vehicles on scheduled dates evenings & weekends.
– Overtime hours are rare, always consulted upon and never expected.
– 1 hr Staff Lunch Meeting with a paid lunch every week, to connect as a team, perform constant training to improve our skills & efficiency as a team
– Wage/ Compensation will range from $20-40/hr, depending on skills, certifications & technical abilities
– Yearly ongoing Training plan providing opportunities for additional Skills & knowledge training through internal & outside sources
– Opportunities to work on, service & repair Rare classic vehicles & creative custom projects.
Full Time Employment Details:
– Full time business hours (8am-5pm Monday to Friday)
– Employment contract will be reviewed after 3 months.
Job Role Requirements:
– Must have excellent communication skills & be able to speak fellow staff members with a high level of respect and kindness.
– Must speak fluent English.
– Must have a clean driving record & provide a drivers abstract upon request (Class 5 BC driver’s license preferred)
– Must have clean criminal record, free of any pending or past charges
– Must have good judgment skills, be able to read & navigate through a variety of challenging repairs and situations working with vehicles
– Must operate all vehicles with a high level of respect & safety!!!
– Must be able to take direction from senior co-workers & easily follow instructions for work duties.
– Must have a positive attitude towards working with a team & maintaining a high standard of client experience.
– Must have WCB approved safety footwear – certified work boots or shoes (Steel toe or composite toe designation), We provide additional safety gear for daily use such as safety approved eye protection, safety approved ear protection and several other specific activity safety gear/ apparel
– Must always maintain a professional appearance during & around place of business.
– Must be willing to receive and embrace ongoing training for both technical skills & personal skills as a Valued Team Member
How we operate as Automotive Service Providers
– Our team drives Confidence in all ways, solving the right issues with our clients’ vehicles the first time.
– This team thrives on building high quality relationships with every client and works to maintain that relationship during every visit & interaction.
– We have a high-level Code of Conduct that guides our respect for one another, our suppliers and clients
– We provide and encourage opportunities for all staff members to contribute their personal ideas & knowledge to grow our teams’ abilities, skills and knowledge in service to our mission – Driving A Better Experience
Apply via email for a first stage interview by video call with Manger Jeffrey Tremblay ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
First Interviews will be held during early evenings of certain weekdays.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.