Do you love to help people? Are you highly organized, and have great people skills? Are you ready for a change? If this sounds like you and you’re ready for a long-term position in a supportive, dynamic environment, then look no further than the new position we are currently recruiting for at Visscher-Pau Automotive as a Service Assistant!
WHO WE ARE
We are a growing, client-focused automotive maintenance and repair shop with an emphasis on educating and informing our clients about their vehicles’ needs. Bring your talents and we can train the rest!
Visscher-Pau Automotive is located in the Cloverdale area of Surrey, BC, and is a family owned business for over 30 years. We have been voted as one of the best shops in the area for many years, including winning “Best Mechanic” in the Best of Cloverdale Readers’ Choice Awards 2020. We are a collaborative and supportive team of professionals that include technicians, service advisors, and managers.
The health of our clients and staff are paramount to us, and we continue to implement COVID-19 prevention and sanitation measures that we began in March 2020 including clear acrylic barriers, hand sanitizers, sanitization of common touch points in the office and client vehicles, frequent hand washing, and non-medical face masks provided to employees as well as clients.
The Service Assistant helps the Service Manager in providing an excellent client experience, organizing client appointments, and managing active jobs in our shop management systems. This is an introductory, full-time position with many growth opportunities, and we are committed to equipping our staff with the knowledge and tools necessary to perform to their potential.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, conflict management skills
- Previous retail and/or service counter experience preferred
- Self-motivated desire to learn
- Experience in the automotive industry an asset, but not required; interest in the industry strongly encouraged
- Ability to communicate effectively (read, write, and speak English fluently)
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Motivated, be able to work well independently as well as with others
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft Windows, Internet browsers, and Microsoft Office suite)
- Physically fit to perform required duties of job description
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 words per minute
- Has neat and legible writing
- Valid high school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license, must supply driver’s abstract upon request
- Ability to drive vehicles with manual transmissions an asset
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive wages based on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental care, extended health care, vision care, disability insurance on completion of probation period
- On-site parking
- No work on weekends or statutory holidays, paid vacation available after completion of 12 months of employment
- An opportunity to work with a great group of people and learn and grow in your skills
Inquiries will be accepted in full confidentiality.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.