Website Craftsman Collision
Be part of a growing, award winning organization committed to ensuring our customers get back on the road safely! Ranked 55th overall on BC Business magazine’s list of B.C.’s Most Loved Brands, Craftsman Collision is the leading collision repair provider across Western Canada, with over 500 employees in more than 40 locations throughout BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan.
The Operations Trainee position is located at our Main Street location (1900 Main Street, Vancouver, BC). In this position, the candidate will gain a fundamental understanding of the Automotive Collision industry. The Operations Trainee will have exposure to all components of the business, including parts, customer service and estimating. In our hands-on learning environment, you will receive the guidance and support you need to be successful and grow professionally.
The Operations Trainee is responsible for:
- Researching applicable databases for vehicle components
- Ordering parts on a just in time basis
- Ensuring clear communication with suppliers to ensure timely delivery
- Receiving ordered parts
- Returning incorrect or ill-fitting parts
- Mirror matching to ensure accuracy
- Reviewing parts with Body Technicians
- Applying all relevant insurance policies and procedures
- Working closely with other departments to complete tasks
- Processing vehicle intake
- Providing friendly and professional service to customers both in person and over the phone
- Supporting continuous improvement and identifying ways to contribute to the Shop’s goals
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate will have:
- Post-secondary education, certificate or diploma in Business, Operations Management or Supply Chain management
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to handle shifting priorities
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and listening
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
- High level of motivation, a positive attitude and strong sense of accountability
- Attention to detail and solid organizational skills
- Desire to provide an exceptional customer service experience
- Demonstrates a commitment to professional development
- Proficient with computers and comfortable learning industry-specific systems
- Applicants must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Excellent benefits that include but are not limited to extended health, dental and MSP. After 3 months of employment, 100% of these benefits are paid for by Craftsman Collision.
- Opportunity for professional development in a fast paced and growing company.
- The chance to connect with colleagues and have some fun at our company sponsored social events, including a ski day, holiday party, golf day and family event.
Your cover letter and resume should clearly outline how your qualifications & experience fit this position.
We appreciate the time that all applicants have taken when applying for this position, however, only the candidates that are chosen for an interview will be notified by phone or email. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in Craftsman Collision!
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.