Website Craftsman Collision
We’re seeking a Customer Service and Office Administrator to join our team in Victoria!! Be part of a growing, award-winning organization committed to ensuring our customers get back on the road safely. Ranked 55th overall on BC Business magazine’s list of B.C.’s Most Loved Brands, Craftsman Collision is the leading collision repair provider across Western Canada, with over 500 employees in more than 40 locations throughout BC, Alberta, and Saskatchewan.
The Customer Service and Office Administrator is responsible for providing exceptional customer service and supporting the Shop with operations initiatives and administrative duties. This position will be located at our Colwood location (1746 Island Highway, Victoria).
- Interacts with customers in a caring, friendly and professional manner and assists in clearly identifying the customers’ needs to relay to the rest of the team. Gathers all required information to pass along to estimator;
- Takes ownership of a customers’ concerns and issues until they are satisfied or until they are able to pass them on to the appropriate person;
- Answers phones, handles telephone enquiries, books appointments, makes appointment reminder calls and notifies customers of repair completion as directed;
- Greets customers as they walk in the door and helps ensure their wait time is agreeable;
- Signs customers in and out and collects all necessary payments;
- Helps customers to understand our processes and procedures by explaining in a clear, simple and respectful manner;
- Deals with all customer interactions promptly including monitoring of Production
- Dashboard in the Craftsman Management System (CMS) for alerts/correspondence as well as voicemail and email;
- Downloads and prints assignments from insurance companies using Audatex and Mitchell and prepares new files for estimators;
- Manages the shop’s email inbox and forwards, distributes or files emails accordingly;
- Prepares monthly promotional and printing inventories and organizes replenishing as necessary;
- Orders all office supplies and printer toner cartridges;
- Input documents and new hourly employees into Dayforce.
- Arranges courier services when necessary;
- Supports in-shop training of new staff;
Daily Bookkeeping Duties:
- Updates CMS for arrived and delivered vehicles as changes occur;
- Closes POS machine, prints and posts the Deposit Journal. Prepares a bank deposit slip daily for any cash/cheques;
- Finalizes all work orders from previous day and bill insurance companies accordingly;
- Invoices parts/sublet/rental invoices relating to work orders via Purchase Orders and reviews any discrepancies;
- Posts any A/R cheques into Traverse A/R and reconciles any over/short payments;
- Enters invoices for non-trade payables (overhead) into Traverse A/P;
- Banking as required (at least weekly);
- Posts PO Journals and Non-Trade Transaction Journals as required;
Monthly Bookkeeping Duties:
- Prepares all payable cheque runs (mid & month end). Prepares monthly log for Head Office for any aging A/P amounts;
- Reconciles Flat-Rate and Straight-Time hours with employees (with the help of Shop Manager) and posts the Flat-Rate Journal in CMS on a semi-monthly basis.
- Prepares manual cheques and ROE’s for any terminated hourly employees or for those on leave;
- A/R Collections on unpaid balances including sending statements to customers and preparation of monthly log for Head Office;
- Follows month-end procedures on the first day of every month and reviews monthly reports with Shop Manager;
- Reviews monthly ARA and MSP benefits statements for accuracy;
- Reconciles GL accounts 4920 (Other Income/Over-Shorts), 1130 (Employee A/R) and 1999 (Suspense);
- Performs year-end requirements as directed by Head Office.
- Other related duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate will have:
- Strong customer service skills with 3 or more years’ experience
- Post-secondary education, certificate or diploma in Bookkeeping, Business or a combination of education or experience
- General bookkeeping knowledge
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Strong communication skills both verbal and in writing
- Ability to prioritize time and work independently
- Desire to work in a performance based environment
- Applicants must be over 18 and have a valid driver’s license
- Strong organizational skills
- Very strong computer based skillset
- Previous experience with Insync and HRIS preferred
- Competitive wages commensurate with experience
Comprehensive benefits package, after 3 months of employment, 100% of these benefits are paid for by Craftsman Collision.
- A minimum of 4 company sponsored social events per year; such as a golf day, family event and holiday party.
- Professional and career development opportunities.
Your cover letter and resume should clearly outline how your qualifications & experience fit this position.
We appreciate the time that all applicants have taken when applying for this position, however, only the candidates that are chosen for an interview will be notified by phone or email. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in Craftsman Collision!
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.