We work with mining and exploration companies on their site, so you will be working on-site for 2-weeks at a time, then return home for two weeks before starting your next 2-week shift.
Hiring Immediately – A phone interview will be arranged as soon as possible. – Preference for applicants based in Terrace, Prince George, Smithers, or Prince Rupert.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Heavy Duty Mechanic, you will work in a small crew doing maintenance and repairs. In addition, you will be responsible for doing the following:
- Preventative and scheduled equipment maintenance;
- Preform drive tests to ensure the vehicle’s performance;
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment;
- Diagnose, repair, and document equipment breakdowns and standard service calls;
- Promote safety awareness by ensuring compliance with corporate health and safety policies and procedures.
- Interprovincial Red Seal Certification.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass drug and alcohol tests.
- Ability to lift heavy tools and equipment.
- WHIMIS required.
- Excellent teamwork skills– working collaboratively and communicating with peers and supervisors.
Sal’s Ironworks provided the following inclusive hiring information:
- We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
- Inclusive of minority and disadvantaged groups
- LGBTQ+ friendly workplace
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
To apply for this job email your details to Admin@kica.ca.